Monday 18 April 2011

Sunflowers 2 - Slow and Steady Progress

After yesterday's disasterous 'We are not going to mention what Kate's initial impasto application looks like on the sunflowers(!)' post, I picked myself up, dusted myself off, and kept working on saving the centre of the flower.   (Semi-related question: Is 'depoopify' a word?  If not, it should be.  Please remember that you read it here first, should it take off as one of the new buzz words of the year!)

I also worked on adding some interest and movement to the many sunflower petals.  It is slow and relatively detailed work.  Why, oh why, did I decide to paint so many flowers?!

Anyway, here is a picture of one of the smaller sunflowers I have nearly completed painting.  I hope that you can see some progress has been made since yesterday!

Stay tuned over the next couple of days when I hope to post pictures of the finished painting.  Yes, in case you are wondering, it is nearly finished, but I'm not going to give everything away all at once.  Anticipation and suspense can sometimes be a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!