Wednesday 18 May 2011

Pastel Under Pressure #2 - She'll be Apples (or Pears)

Today has been a very busy day and I found myself feeling sad that I haven't had time these past couple of days to undertake any artistic endeavours.  It was looking like I wouldn't get a chance to do anything at all today until my children asked me to prepare them Fish and Chips for dinner.

 "A-Ha!" I said to myself, "Fish and Chips is an oven baked meal that will give me fifteen minutes to complete a pastel under pressure exercise!"  So, I put the chips in the oven, set the timer and gave myself fifteen minutes to create the following:


Rejected! Apple and Pear


Why draw fruit, you may wonder?  Well, because two minutes before I set the timer, I discovered a couple of sad looking left-over pieces of  fruit, uneaten and rejected from the kid's lunchboxes.   I figured that surely fruit has featured in an awful lot of wannabe artists creations over the centuries.  And that I should join the ranks and become one too!

The pear took eight minutes to draw, the apple took seven.  I was then rather naughty and gave myself a bonus three minutes (because as far as I'm concerned,  I make the rules, so I can break them to suit!) to shade in some shadows in an attempt to "ground" the picture.  Dunno if it worked.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!