Wednesday 6 July 2011

Pastel Under Pressure #3 - The Neglected Two

Pastel Under Pressure (PUP) is where I voluntarily inflict untold pressure on myself by setting the oven timer for fifteen minutes and then go about creating a pastel masterpiece from start to finish.  When the oven beeps, I stop, ready or not.  PUP's aim is to force me to try and capture the essence of the image in a quick and effective way.  Sometimes it works, sometimes...

Today's post features a couple of pieces of fruit left over from the week that was.   (As an aside, I must say I'm surprised the grapes weren't eaten, since they are usually the first to go!)

Looking at the finished product, I'm pleased to say I like the combination of colours.  I can also see some improvement regarding the creation of the illusion of depth within the artwork.  It's not perfect certainly, but I think it is definitely better than some of my earlier work. (To see my progression over these past couple of months, feel free to have a look at  attempt 1 or attempt 2.)

No mandarins or grapes were harmed in the production of this masterpiece.  However, by the time you read this, they will have gone to a better place.  Please be assured that it was quick and they were delicious.

Stay tuned for my next adventure!

2 comments:

  1. I like it! Your pastel drawings have been very good since the start of your blog, but I can see an improvement in the shape and depth of your drawings emerge over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous, I'm glad you can see some improvement as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!