Wednesday 14 September 2011

It's Curtains For Me...

Ha!  Got you, didn't I?

Calm down, you can breathe again. <Chuckle.>

You thought that I had finally got sick of writing this blog, didn't you?

Well, I'm not.

I just decided to paint a curtain.  Yes, my terrible sense of humour knows no bounds.  Right.  I apologise for my appalling joke.

I must get this post back on track.  <Boom-tish!>

Today's watercolour* painting has me of the opinion that I kind think it works, except that it doesn't.  Yes, I know that previous sentence hardly makes sense (well, OK, I admit it, it doesn't make any sense at all(!)), but I truly believe that when you look at the painting below, you'll understand exactly what I mean.  Here, take a look:




See what I mean?  The concept isn't actually that bad.  In a couple of places, the curtain even looks kinda cool (in my opinion).   It's just the "slight" issue of overall execution, darn it.  The window looks rubbish.  The curtain rail and the flooring isn't any better.  Oh well.  They are all things I can work on.

I think I may try a second attempt on the curtain concept to see if I can improve on this concept. I reckon I can.  (Maybe.)

Stay tuned to see whether I move forward or pull back.....

Kate
x

*Watercolour AKA Kate's artistic nemesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!