Monday 10 October 2011

How to Embarrass Your Children in One Easy Step

Why hello there.

<Tee-hee!>

Yes, in case you haven't already worked it out by the title,  I've discovered an amazingly easy way to make my children blush.

"So, Kate" you ask, "How did you manage this awesome and fearless feat so quickly and easily?"

Why, I'm glad you asked!

I've discovered (purely by accident) that all you have to do is start to paint a nudie-rudie woman in art class and then show it to your kids along with a gleefully sounding "Look what Mummy painted at art class tonight!". Then just sit back and wait.  That's it.  Seriously.  How *easy* is that? ;-)

On a slightly more serious note, today's post features an under painting that will become my third ever oil painting.  I'll be adding colour and texture over the next couple of weeks.  I chose to paint a nude figure (tastefully posed I like to think), because it is a way of learning how to paint the human figure.  And that is something that really interests me.  I feel that if you aren't aware of how the body is formed in the nude, then you most certainly are going to struggle to paint it clothed.    So, as you can see, my intentions are actually quite noble and true.

No, in case you are wondering, it's not me or anyone I know.  I may like to show off, but I am most certainly not game to "show off" if you get my meaning.  My model was featured in an incredibly artistic and tasteful photograph in an impossibly artistic and highbrow magazine.  Yes, it so was artistic - no more of those thoughts.  I'm not *that* naughty you know!

For anyone out there with delicate sensibilities or in case blogger for some reason takes exception to my painting, I've got terribly creative with Picassa (my photo editing tool) to ensure all rudie-nudie bits are covered.  Yes, I did giggle as I strategically placed my "stickers" on my painting.

So, after such a build up, are you ready to see what made my children blush?

You've been warned.  Try not to giggle!  (Oh, all right, I'll allow you to smirk.)



Yes, I'm aware her nostrils are a little funny.  My main focus was on getting the important lines down quickly and my paintbrush accidentally slipped. Honestly, that's all.  I figure I can fix the nose when I go over her with my oil paints in class later this week.

So, did I make you blush as well?

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll see you 'round later this week, with more of my Kate-land artistic exploits.

Kate
x


PS:  For those of you who are itching to see the finished painting, all will be revealed by clicking HERE!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Kate your kids are funny. No didn't make me avert my eyes. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are very funny aren't they, and it is our job to embarrass them.

    Good sketch, I am practicing drawing upside down, works quite well to my surprise :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!