Wednesday 21 December 2011

Delighting in the Beauty

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  Maya Angelou



I guess being gorgeous isn't always easy.  

Living in glorious Queensland, butterflies are abundant this time of year.  As a result, it felt natural to try and recreate my own little study of perfection.

My butterfly (you may call her Esmeralda - I like to give my animals names) was created using black pen and watercolour wash on boring old white paper. The background effect was created by sprinkling salt crystals on the wet watercolour paint and letting it dry slightly.  I think I like it.  I wouldn't mind trying to create a few more butterflies using different colour effects and techniques to see if they also work.  Any ideas or colour combos you think I should try? 

Thanks ever so much for stopping by, I hope to see you stopping by my blog again soon!

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!