Friday 23 December 2011

What You Looking At Willis?

Introducing Arnold, Kimberley and of course, Willis.
Hello

Ever feel like you just want to paint geese?  Well, I did today.   I like the fact that they have 'tood (as in atti-tood).   Kind of like a duck on steroids. 

I have to tell you about how I came up with the title, because I found it quite funny (OK, well... mildly amusing) - when I contemplated the finished painting, the expression on the central geese's (gander's?) face, suddenly made that famous Arnold quote from the old 1970's/80's television sitcom Diff'rent Strokes pop into my head.  I swear he is saying "What you talking about, Willis?!".  Can you see it too?  Or has the Christmas Spirit well and truly somehow overtaken my sanity?

Hmmmm.  Must see what happens on the 26th of December to draw any proper conclusions, right?

Anyway, I immediately knew I had a title for this post and the perfect names for my geese.  Meet Arnold, Willis and Kimberley.

This little study (shown actual size) has been completed in watercolour on Rains paper. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm actually starting to enjoy using watercolour.  Who ever would have thought?

Yes, they are water splotches on the painting.  It has been raining, but the truth is that I was so impatient to get a photo of the completed painting, I didn't even properly wait for the water to dry.  Sometimes impatience can be a good thing, I like to think.

Anyway,  I'll wrap up and wish you all yet again, a very, Merry Christmas!

Kate
x

2 comments:

  1. geese bigger than duck, I have some at my parent's house, the fact they are caring each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like my geese Natural of Bali. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

    Geese were my mother's favourite birds. She loved that they were so protective of each other. She always wanted to own some, so she would be very envious that you own some!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!