Wednesday 4 April 2012

School Holiday Madness: Part 1

Hello!

I'm sorry I haven't posted for a little while, it's just that it has come to that time of year again - school holidays.

The thing I'm finding interesting about this particular set of school holidays is how I'm finding myself constantly stuck on repeat, stuck on repeat, stuck on repeat.  Some days I think I should just record myself and then put me on a playback loop.  I'm not sure the children would notice.  Here are my current top-five pearlers:

"No, it isn't your turn to feed Blobber the goldfish today.  It is your turn tomorrow."


"Mummy loves you too.  Now please remove your finger from your nose."  [Sometimes with an optional "or your head will cave in" thrown in for good measure.]


"Yes, it *is* wonderful that you are on school holidays, isn't it?!"


"No, it isn't time for dinner yet.  It's only ....X....... [insert time such as 2.45pm; 3.00pm; 3.05pm; 3.07pm; 3.07:30pm - you get the drift.] 


"Yogi the yodelling yogi bear loves eating fruit-loops fairly frequently." [That was me just checking you are still with me.]

One of the nice things about school holidays means outings with the children.  Following an adventure at the Mt Coo-tha Botanical gardens, I was inspired to use my pastels to recreate one of the beautiful vistas that we saw.  This is the first part of the work:


As you may have guessed, I have to do a lot more work on the leaves on the trees (go figure - leaves on trees - how would have thought?) and want to work on ensuring the light and values are all correct before I call it finished.  I'm hoping that maybe I can get a little more "Mummy time over the next day or so to complete it".

Thanks so much for stopping by, I'll see you around soon,

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!