Sunday 17 June 2012

Revising The Dream

Hello!

After my last post, where I talked about how much I enjoyed creating my picture of a lady on good old Reflex paper, I thought I'd try and improve her by recreating her using *gasp!* good quality paper and paint.  I know, I know, I know.  You come on here to see "new" and I've merely given you "Take 2". Sorry about that.  Anyway, here she is, new and improved:



In case you are feeling cross because you were sure I was going to post about an artwork featuring an apple or an apricot today, I have to confess that you're seeing "version 2.0" because I do have slightly perfectionistic tendencies.  I do manage to keep this personality "quirk" under control most of the time, however every now and then, like a toddler going into an unstoppable melt-down in the lolly aisle of the supermarket, I have the urge to re-do, re-create or resurrect an artwork until it is just "so".

That's what happened here.  I mean, why have a "Dream" painting that is OK, or good even, when I can hopefully create something that is better or even (wishfully) great?

(In case you are wondering, perfectionistic is a word.  In my mind anyhow.  Ignore your spell checker and the rational, literate angst and protests going on inside your head as you fight the notion that "perfectionist" is a word "perfectionistic" is not.  If I use it enough, surely it will be recognised eventually by the Oxford.)

This time 'round I used Archers Watercolour paper "smooth" (because I'm not rough around the edges) and re-created her using a combo of watercolour, pencil and ink.  I liked her so much I framed her.

So... what do you think?  Like her better than "version 1.0"?

Hubby does.  He says he finds her "restful".  I'm hoping he means that in a nice way, not as in "puts him to sleep".

Thanks so much for stopping by - I'll see you soon!

Kate
x
PS:  Don't mind my arm in the bottom of the photo.  One day I'll work out how to photograph glass.  

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could see it up close in person to see how you have used the different mediums, i have an idea but it is always good to see in real life.

    She reminds me of pictures in books I read as a kid, brightly coloured and all that thick curly hair that was just wild, always wanted hair like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KJ

    How lovely to hear from you!

    I'm SO glad you mentioned the picture book notion. That's exactly what I thought of too when I painted her. It is really affirming that my perception of the painting is what other people have as well. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!