Saturday 27 October 2012

My (Hopefully) International RAOK - Part 2

Hi There

Well after starting my well intentioned attempt at a Random Act of Kindness (RAOK) artwork for a lady who lives on the other side of the world (you can read the background story here), I've managed to find a little time this afternoon to progress my painting of her a little more. Unfortunately, after today's effort, I'm now at the point where I'm starting to think that whilst the thought is incredibly noble and just, the reality....?

Don't you just hate it when that happens?!

Still, in the interests of accountability and being honest with you all as to how she is progressing, take a look at where I'm up to now...


What do you think?  At this point, I like her nose and lips but I'm feeling a little concerned about the placement of the eyes - I think I'll need to have another look at this tomorrow morning (or the next time I get to find time to create).  I hope that it is only a minor fix, or "eye" have a feeling eye'll be feeling pretty cantankerous.  (What I've discovered with pastels, is that unfortunately, that can happen really quickly if you aren't careful.  One moment you've got beautiful luminosity, the next - MUD.  For a newbie like me, it is a very fine line to tread.)  

Cross your fingers for me this doesn't end up in the bottom of the bin!

I suppose I'd better go now.  I've got to go and get ready for a dress up 1970's disco I'm going to tonight.   "Ah--hah-hah-hah-hah Stayin' Alive... Stayin' Alive....!"  :-)

See you around soon!

Groovily yours,

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!