Friday 21 December 2012

It's a Colourful World...

Hi There

Sorry you haven't seen much of me lately.  Life has been tough these past couple of weeks. I won't go into details because the purpose of this blog is not to for me to have a whinge, but to create and share my art with you. As such, I'll  just say it hasn't been a barrel of laughs for me and my little family.

As of yesterday, I'd moved past the "sniffling stage", along with the "get a hold of yourself, girl" phase of misery and decided that I was well and truly over myself.  As such, I decided I would adopt the "fake it 'till you make it" approach. To counter this, when I went to art class last night, I told Ms Kathy that I wanted to create something that was "Super bright, crazy and fun".  She pulled out the oil pastels for me (as I adore using different mediums), and I set about creating.

What I ended up with after a lot of scribbling, is this:


I can't pretend to say that I think she's fabulous.  She's not - I know that.  That said, I *do* like the fact that she is free, that she's a little wild and yet, she still kinda works. I mean, I look at her and feel like I'm looking at a face first, wild and zany green hair, orange skin and purple eyelashes second. Or is that just me and you see it the other way 'round?

Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by and seeing what I've been up to! I am feeling a little better now. I guess it sometimes just takes time to feel better, along with a lot of creating to do the trick.

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!