Tuesday 26 March 2013

Dry Brushing Is Good For You

Or so I've been told.

Personally, I can't be bothered using a soft bristle brush to gently scrub my skin in order to get it glowingly soft and luminous. Luminous, shluminous.

What? I'm not here to write about my bathing and beauty practices? Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot for a moment. Back to all things art.

Today's post features an abstract painting I've titled Enigma (purely because I'm not sure what the heck it is or what I was trying to achieve). I created this small canvas in art class last week after my fantastic art teacher Ms Kathy taught me how to use a dry brushing technique to apply paint.


Basically you take a really soft, dry brush and apply just a little paint to the bristles. You then gently stroke the canvas to apply a gentle "mist" of colour. I liked it. It felt noice. Diff'rent. Unusual. Pity that whilst I like the technique, the painting turned out to be rubbish. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Still, I won't let a little litter stop my from pursuing all things artistic. No siree!

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to see you 'round soon,

Kate
x

2 comments:

  1. I really like this, it's got a underwater/celestial feel to it, calming....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing and liking it! I'm still not sure about it, however my eldest son also likes it and says it is his favourite painting ever, so maybe it will grow on me.

    K
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!